1. We don't read pages. We scan them.
- We're usually on a mission.
- We know we don't need to read everything.
- We're good at it.
2. We don't make optimal choices. We satisfice.
- We're usually in a hurry.
- There's not much of a penalty for guessing wrong.
- Weighing options may not improve our chances.
- Guessing is more fun.
3. We don't figure out how things work. We muddle through.
- It's not important to us.
- If we find something that works, we stick to it.
Based on the Steve Krug's book "Don't make me think".