Things that diminish goodwill:
- Hiding information that I want.
- Punishing me for not doing things your way.
- Asking me for information you don't really need.
- Shucking and jiving me.
- Putting sizzle in my way.
- Your site looks amateurish.
Things that increase goodwill:
- Know the main things that people want to do on your site and make them obvious and easy.
- Tell me what I want to know.
- Save me steps wherever you can.
- Putt effort into it.
- Know what questions I'm likely to have, and answer them.
- Provide me with creature comforts like printer-friendly pages.
- Make it easy to recover from errors.
- When in doubt, apologize.
Based on the Steve Krug's book "Don't make me think"